“What would you do with this DIY homemade dining room table? The table is still ‘in process’ because I am being very indecisive about what I want to do with it from here. Keep reading for full project details and cast your vote or comment your idea.”
What do you think of this simplistic design for a dining room table? I absolutely love this table and the best part is that it only cost about $48 to make. The project is not yet completed as you may or may not have been able to tell from this photo. The edges still need to be cut and evened out as well as a final sanding. I like the natural wood color and opted to not stain the wood, however I have so many ideas that I thought I would get some opinions.
I really thought a bar top epoxy resin would look beautiful and make cleaning a breeze while keeping unwanted stains away. However… the reason I am procrastinating to get this finished is because I can’t decide on what I want to do. If I am going to seal with a bar top gloss, I feel like I should add some character to the piece and seal something in it. The other half of me thinks the simplicity of a plain coat would be gorgeous in itself.
I thought of a few different things:
- Signatures from the family. ( but what if our family grows?!)
- Each person pick a photo that means something to them and place in their spot at the table. (same conflict as before mentioned about family growth)
- Family name only branded in the center.
- Random design
- The copper look that many have tried with penny décor
- Original drawings from each person
- Table rules or a code of conduct (to be funny)
The ideas can go on forever but I have yet to find one that inspired me enough to finish the project! For now, I am enjoy the simple style and unique design. If you have any ideas or comments for this DIY project, please leave in the comments below. Feel free to share with your DIY expert friends to help! 🙂